Re: Zoom- best practice?

On 6/6/20 10:00 PM, Keith bainbridge wrote:
On 6/6/20 3:32 am, john doe wrote:
On 6/5/2020 6:28 PM, Peter Ehlert wrote:
Family is using Zoom, International.
They will use Zoom, and I need to participate.

I use Debian Mate Stable, and Firefox ESR

I am concerned about security, duh!
Looking for ideas.

my current thoughts, in order of preference:

1. Use a separate Debian alongside my daily driver, and use Only for the
Zoom meetings

I would install a Debian VM for Zoom and alike software.

--
John Doe

I did too - until somebody suggested firejail.

I am not a Chromium user... and I don't like to fight the VMs

Firefox does have a number of addon privacy tools...
this one looks interesting: https://add0n.com/privacy-settings.html

I always got prompts to install add-ons in chromium.