Re: Return a Debian system to a pristine state

John Hasler wrote:
>  David Wright writes:
> > That begs the question of what pristine means, because it has never
> > been defined even by the OP.
>
> I thought that we had learned that what he really wanted was to be able
> to identify packages that have not been used recently and remove them.

What I originally wanted was based on the false assumption that there
are "system packages" and "user packages" in Debian, which turned
out not to be the case.

The assumption was also formed partly after the FreeBSD experience, and
partly under the impression of Pamac, Mint Software Manager, App Store,
Google Play and other "software centers" which offer productivity
software install/uninstall in convenient form.

The ability to identify packages that have not been used recently and
remove them, would be useful too.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/