Re: Virtualize a Debian system within Manjaro

On 6/2/2020 6:14 AM, Victor Sudakov wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

There is an office where the standard desktop OS is Manjaro (a
clone of Arch Linux). There is not much choice actually.

I don't very much like Manjaro's packaging system and its lack of many
essential packages in binary format. When I need something as simple as
codesearch or apg or dateutils, it tries to compile them.

Willing to run a Debian instance within Manjaro, what's my best choice?

The easiest thing that comes to mind is installing VirtualBox in
Manjaro, but are there less resource-intensive and GUI-dependent
options? Maybe some kind of chroot or container?

Qemu preferably with KVM works well with Debian in a VM without a GUI.

Chroot/container/VM are not the same, which one you pick depend on what
you want to do with that Debian.

See also Libvirt to manage your container/VMs.

--
John Doe