Re: Return a Debian system to a pristine state

On 01.06.20 08:04, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Sb, 30 mai 20, 19:54:09, Marco Möller wrote:

 From the view of a user, it does not sound so complicated ;-) . I guess, and
this will be fair, that I am now asked to program it, it's open source and I
should contribute. But unfortunately I can only contribute ideas, I am not a
programmer. :-(
APT is possibly not be best place to implement something like this,
especially since there are various other softwares that do more or less
what you want:

debootstrap, mmdebstrap, FAI: custom installations
ansible, puppet, etc.: shape your installation as needed.

Or integrate with your backup strategy (you do have backups, right?).

I strongly suggest that the package manager cares for managing the packages.