Re: how to build package alsa-utils?

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote on 5/29/20 8:08 AM:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 07:54:51AM -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:

> This is a Debian package. One of the things Debian does for you is
> to unify all that buildery. So first
>
>  - install the package "build-essential"
>  - install the packages alsa-util's build depends on:
>    apt-get build-dep alsa-utils
>  - change into alsa-utils-1.1.8
>  - invoke there
>    dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
>    (look up in the man page what those things mean)
>
> A finished Debian package apears next to alsa-utils-1.1.8. Unless...
> I've forgotten something, that is. Just come back.

What a wonderful, quick response. Thank you so much.

I'll try this later today and report back (and make a note of all this
somewhere in case I ever need to do something like this again ---- I've
occasionally had to look at source before, but I think this is the first time
I've needed to actually build a package.).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans