Re: files under /boot

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 08:20:59AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> >> $ dpkg -l "*4.9.0*" | grep ii
> >
> > First I had to figure out (google) to find what the leading ii
> > means,
>
> It took me a moment to catch what you meant by this; standard
> terminology would describe that as a "trailing" ii, because it's at the
> end of the line (thus behind, seen last, trailing) rather than the
> beginning (thus ahead, seen first, leading).

Either you're extremely confused, or you've done something to distort
the output.

In the standard output of dpkg -l, in the C locale, or in the en_US
locale, the indicator columns ("ii" and so on) are FIRST.  They are
leading characters, not trailing.

It's hard for me to even imagine how you could have this so completely
backwards.  Maybe you're on some Right-To-Left locale (Hebrew?).  Or
maybe you've got a learning disorder such as dyslexia...?  I'm honestly
quite puzzled.