ufw and blocking certain IP in and out

  it seems i have a mental block block of my own here where
ufw is concerned...

  i tell it to block connections in and out from a certain
IP but when i visit a certain website those connections are
still happening.

  i've tried to audit the code for the website itself (as it
is a static website i generate), but i cannot find where those
references to this other website are coming from.  i use strings
to examine everything and grep for the website name and also
the ip address.  neither show up.  that doesn't mean it isn't
in there just that i can't find it.

  i'm wondering if the ISP or some other service is getting in
between?

  i use firefox and have a popup blocker but cannot get it to
filter these connections either.

here is ufw output

root@ant(4)~# ufw status numbered

     To                         Action      From
[ 1] Anywhere                   DENY IN     1.2.3.4
[ 2] Anywhere                   REJECT OUT  1.2.3.4             (out)

when i connect to the website netstat still shows connections
to 1.2.3.4...

  yes, i'm not a security or networking guru so any tools
you can mention that will help me track this down would be
appreciated.

  songbird