Re: Help: External monitor on modern Acer Nitro 5 laptop

On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 18:54, Sander Marechal wrote:
> Hello all, I am going totally mad trying to get my new laptop working
> properly under Debian.

On my desktop, which has two providers (aka graphics cards), after
asking for help on the 'net, I added this line to my .xsession to get
all my cards & monitors recognized:

    xrandr --setprovideroutputsource 1 0

(and don't ask me to explain what this means; it's a magical incantation
that just worked for me).  I don't know how/where you would this in
gnome, mind you.  I don't use desktop environments.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.6 on Debian bullseye/sid