Re: problem with slow network transmission

On Tue May 26 08:31:20 EDT 2020, I wrote:

>> What I have been trying a lot is Webex teleconferencing for my job.  Those
>> all work great, including voice and slideshows, but seem to crash miserably
>> (including a loss of sound) if even a single attendant puts up live webcam
>> video. ... I've been imagining it's a throughput problem.

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:16 PM, deloptes replied:

> sometimes the problem is the disk.
> and what about your wife using the connection while you are using it too?

The disk is a WD5001AALS-00L3B2 from 2009, described as SATA 3Gbps.  I guess
that is pretty slow.  We've definitely tried some best-case situations, where
no one else is running any CPU hogs.

To make things more confusing, my service provider has its own speed test
site, which says I downloaded this morning at 274Mbps (compared to 53Mbps at
speedtest.net).  Tomorrow I'll have my first Webex conference since I added
the 1Gbps NIC and maxed out memory.  We'll see what happens.