APT::Install-Recommends "0";

(1) I understood that setting the following parameter in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/myconfig will have the same effect as manually using the flag --no-install-recommends as in apt install --no-install-recommends somepackage .
  APT::Install-Recommends "0";
But how is this parameter respected if afterwards applying the following commands?
  apt upgrade
  apt dist-upgrade
Will the parameter also be respected?
I would expect that it will be respected and additionally no recoomended packages are drawn in.

(2)  If initially having had set the following parameter
  APT::Install-Recommends "0";
then having installed several packages,
then changing the parameter to
  APT::Install-Recommends "1";
what will happen upon the following commands?
  apt upgrade
  apt dist-upgrade
Will these commands now draw in the recommended packages?

(3) If having installed a package with the following parameter, which status flag is set for the installed recommended packages after having used apt install somepackage and recommends additionally become installed?
    APT::Install-Recommends "1";
Will the additionally installed recommended packages be marked as "automatically" being installed, like a dependency, or will they appear as manually "installed"?

Greetings! Marco.