Re: Boot script

Hi,

Jan Wilmans wrote:
> I've created a bootable USB stick that boot debian 10

By which procedure, exactly ?
There are several which produce quite different outcome.

> how can I insert it into the USB sticks read only filesystem?

If you have an ISO 9660 filesystem on the base device of the stick
and did not add new partitions, then you could use multi-session
or re-pack the ISO.

It might become tricky, nevertheless. Consider to install Debian on
a USB stick and to customize it as any other Debian system, rather
than putting an ISO image onto the stick.

That said, multi-session works like this:

  cp debian-10.0.0-amd64-xfce.iso test.iso

  file_or_tree_on_disk=...path...
  path_in_iso=...path...

  xorriso -dev test.iso \
          -map "$file_or_tree_on_disk" "$path_in_iso" \
          -boot_image any replay

(You may work directly on the stick by an address like
          -dev stdio:/dev/sdd
but for first experiments i'd advise a disk file as test object.)

Repacking is discussed on

  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO

Have a nice day :)

Thomas