[no subject]

Hello.

I am seeking to have a desktop PC built with the standard Buster kernel (4.19) as the operating system.

The CPU proposed for the build is a third generation AMD Ryzen 5.

However it has come to my attention that there is a problem in running the standard Buster kernel with third generation AMD Ryzen CPUs. First and second generation CPUs appear to work okay.

Also there may be a problem in running the standard Buster kernel with 9th generation Intel CPUs.

Does anyone have any info about the above, please ?

I further understand that Buster can be made to work with these CPUs by using the backported version of Buster,
but I wish to use the standard Buster kernel.