Re: unexpected behavior of cp and mv

Hi,

Alberto Sentieri wrote:
> ls -ls "${NAME}"
> Note that the /mnt/u1/rw/receipt is a SMB folder. I got this result:
> 1024 -rwxr-xr-x 1 u1 u1 10 Apr 30 12:20 /mnt/u1/rw/receipt/test2.txt
> [...]
> I run the same binary and script on my debian stretch workstation, and got
> 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 u1 u1 10 Feb  5  2017 /mnt/u1/rw/receipt/test2.txt

It is quite remarkable that the SMB file is reported to use 1024 blocks
for storing 10 bytes.

I am still not convinced that SYS_utimensat is to blame.

What do you get if you sleep for 3 seconds before performing it ?

If still the file timestamp changes with that sleep:
What happens if you close the fd without calling utimensat and
re-open the file for applying utimensat only then ?
(What if you let sleep between between close and re-open ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas