Re: unexpected behavior of cp and mv

Charles,

Please read the whole thread, which starts at https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/04/msg01361.html. It is clear there that -p has no effect on that particular case of smb destinations. A similar problem is happening with mv.

I resurrect my stretch workstation and the behavior is different from buster, when copying a file with -pi from ext4 to smb.