Re: Boot so slow it never completes, while Windows boots fine

On 2020-04-28 05:33, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

I noticed, that in order to prevent this slowness, I just need to have
some USB device plugged into any USB port while the laptop is starting!
It does not need to be used, its mere presence helps.

- once booting nice and fast, it still goes slow as soon as I disconnect
   the device. The opposite is not true (while booting slow, connecting
   something has no effect).

This seems to point blame at the USB controller? Perhaps it's flooding
the CPU with interrupts for whatever reason?

That sounds like bad hardware or firmware.  Only Lenovo can debug that.

David, thanks for your suggestion to try booting from a flash drive,
this let me find the workaround :-)

YW.

David and Kent, the computer is sealed (still on warranty) so I'd rather
not take it apart just yet. It expires in a few days

I would return the computer immediately.

David