Re: Remote terminal: xterm -e ssh <host> vs. ssh <host> xterm

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 05:46:33PM +0200, Steve Keller wrote:
>     xterm -e ssh -X <host>      or      ssh -X <host> xterm -ls
>
> What are pros and cons?  I see one: The latter will produce more
> overhead as it runs the X11 protocol through the ssh tunnel.

I would absolutely prefer the first one, unless you have a specific
reason to use the latter (e.g. you're debugging the xterm program on a
remote system, or you're stuck on a thin client, or Windows platform,
that doesn't have a real terminal emulator installed).