Re: Missing Courier font

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 14:21:10 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> nito@dismail.de (12020-04-27):
> > The ttf-mscorefonts package from contrib mentioned before, does *not* seem to
> > contain the original Courier font, only Microsoft's variant 'Courier New'.
>
> The original Courier font was physical. All the files we have nowadays
> are variants / reimplementation,

That's right, sorry I wasn't clear on this.
What I meant was, that this is the font that is
 a) Actually named plain 'Courier'
 b) The texlive Courier fonts are the digitalised version released by
    IBM themselves under some free font license

> [...]   and Courier New is not less authentic
> than the others.

Well as 'Courier' as used by texlive was released by IBM, who commissioned the
original Courier font, you could make an argument that 'Courier' is somehow
more authentic than the others ;) . Not that this matters much as long as you
get a font that is to liking in appearance and usage rights.

--- Nito