Re: Package integration date into repository

Hi Andrei,

26 avr. 2020 à 09:09 de andreimpopescu@gmail.com:

> The changelog does not necessarily show when the package was uploaded,
> e.g. the package maintainer could prepare an upload (including the
> changelog entry) and upload days/weeks/months later.
>
> After uploading the package also has to be (re)built before becoming
> available on the mirrors.

Interesting. I'm not sure it makes things easier for me... ;)

> What are you trying to achieve?

I just would like to make some correlation between when new code is publicly available (through GitHub for example) and when it's integrated into official Debian repositories.

Maybe I can use section "news" on https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/my_package? I suppose there is no mention of stable (only experimental, unstable, testing and backports) into this section because testing becomes stable when the latter is released? If true, it would be handy to mark somewhere the transition between both repositories though.

NB: we can take a common example if it's easier to understand each other: copyq

Best regards,
l0f4r0