Re: firefox 75 pulseaudio sound suddenly stopped working [SOLVED]

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 19:40:14 +0200
Marco Möller <talby@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> wrote:

> >> I copied recursive all directories
> >
> > I had to reinstall the extensions, they were still listed under
> > Extensions, but not working and the icons were gone
>
> I am glad that you have solved you problem!
>

> For understanding:
> (1) So, for testing purpose you simply copied ALL the content of the
> old profile's directory to the new profile's directory.

I created a new profile only once.

I then copied the old directories and their contents (recursive)
to the new profile, *not* the files (approx. 64) in the profile's root
directory.

Sound worked again.

So fault must be in a/some file(s) in the root directory of the
old profile.

Then I followed
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile
to get most of my settings back.

Bookmarks, open tabs, passwords, history, all reappeared.

My extensions showed up, greyed out, I had to reinstall them
manually. This was easy with approx. 10 extensions.

The icons in my bookmarks had disappeared, I use Checkmarks extension
to get most of them back automatically.

So far everything is OK.

(I could check out every file in the profile's root directory to find
the real problem, but that takes lots of time.)

My problem is solved, I have  a running firefox 75 with sound again.