Re: Hardware Accelerated Video Playback in Chromium

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 12:00:58 -0700
"Neil E. Hodges" <47hasbegun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anybody know the status of hardware-accelerated video playback in
> Chromium on Debian as of 2020?  There's a lot of outdated information
> out there, and the only recent stuff I've seen has involved a PPA on
> Ubuntu.

chrome://settings and chrome://gpu show that it's enabled on my Sid
system. I don't use chromium that often and haven't benchmarked
performance with and without it enabled. Is there a specific question
you have?

Celejar