The simpliest way to automatically rebuild few Debian packages ?

Hello,

I would like to know what is the simplest way to rebuild Debian
packages automatically when a new version of the package is released ?

My goal is simple : I'm applying few modifications on some Debian
packages and would like those packages to be rebuilt with my changes
when a new package version is available.

For example, when a new Buster ssh version is released i would like to
automatically :
- download the new sources version
- apply my custom
- build the package

I took a look at buildd and sbuild but they seems quite heavy for my
needs (and I'm actually having an hard time debugging buildd).

Should I create my own script ?

Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Regards,