Re: inactive uploaders maintainers what to do?

Hi,

I am not sure of the process, but I would say you could:
1. report a bug requesting the package to be orphaned by the maintainer or, at least RFA (request for adoption) 2. without reaction, submit a NMU (non-maintainer upload) if you have a patch
3. FInding a sponsorship to upload on debian-mentors

You also can report a bug against the virtual package wnpp, with Itent to adopt, to shat a proces sstarts to make you adopt the package. You will need a mentor.

I guess there is a more precise process I cannot find immediately in the Debian Developers reference documents.

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization