[Thanks all] - Re: Seeing command history when using MATE terminal

On 04/18/2020 05:19 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I can see any *ONE* previous commands by using the up-arrow key.
But I need to see the *complete* history. F1 is no "Help".
Obviously its stored in a file. Where?
TIA

Using 'cat ~/.bash_history' gives desired format (i.e. without the line numbers prepended by the 'history' command).

There's one thing I don't understand - erasure of previous history.
 https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/088 states it as:
... it overwrites the existing history with the new version.

What I actually see goes back over several uses of the MATE terminal including multiple power off/on cycles. Not that I object, it is my desired result.