Re: Re: Missing Audio Driver in Debian 10 Vmware

Constantine Ryzhikov wrote:
> I'm blind, without Orca it???s hard for me to read the output. I made a
> screen, but there is no audio, or is it on top.
>
> https://i.paste.pics/2502b2f2c2644bb7e19dbc9d7e2e7a8a.png

I apologize for my assumption.

The lspci snipped you showed did have snd_ens1371 enabled,
so it is plausible that this is just a mixer problem.

alsa and pulse both have command-line tools to adjust mixing.

For alsa, try:

amixer scontrols

to get the available controls.

Some combination of the following might work:

amixer -c 0 set Master 100%
amixer -c 0 set PCM 100%
amixer -c 0 set Headphone 100%
amixer -c 0 set Beep 0%

As painful as alsa's tools are, pulseaudio's tools are worse.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples

pactl list cards
pactl set-sink-volume 0 100%

might work.