Re: X framebuffer problem on AMD Picasso [fixed]

On 4/12/20 11:23 AM, Paul Scott wrote:
On 4/12/20 3:10 AM, Paul Scott wrote:
On 4/11/2020 5:47 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
Hi,

I haven't posted for a long time!

I just successfully did my first UEFI installation.

It's a new AMD machine with.  X is failing to start.  I have solved a number of related problems within online information including finding the firmware-amd-graphics package.  I can't easily post log contents from that machine since it doesn't have email installed yet.

I am now at:

open /dev/dri/card0: no such file...

What I find online refers to the firmware problems I think I have solved.

Upgrading the rest of the testing packages killed X again.

Upgrading to the sid kernel fixed it again

Paul

TIA for any ideas,

Paul

Upgrading to testing fixed X.

Paul

Answered from my new machine.

In case anyone refers to this "thread" I should add that I didn't do a full update to Bullseye yet.  I just updated a few packages *including* the kernel.  I'm guessing it was rhe kernel that solved the problem.

Paul