Re: Sound issues on ThinkPad X220T (Lenovo)

On 4/11/20, riveravaldez <riveravaldezmail@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> 0
>> Jack: JackEngine::NotifyAddClient: name = system
>> Jack: JackGraphManager::SetBufferSize size = 512
>> Jack: JackConnectionManager::DirectConnect first: ref1 = 0 ref2 = 0
>> Jack: JackGraphManager::ConnectRefNum cur_index = 0 ref1 = 0 ref2 = 0
>> Jack: JackDriver::SetupDriverSync driver sem in flush mode
>> audio_reservation_init
>> Acquire audio card Audio0
>> creating alsa driver ...
>> hw:PCH,0|hw:PCH,0|512|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
>> ATTENTION: The playback device "hw:PCH,0" is already in use. Please
>> stop the application using it and run JACK again
>> Jack: JackDriver::Close
>> Jack: JackConnectionManager::DirectDisconnect last: ref1 = 0 ref2 = 0
>> Jack: JackGraphManager::DisconnectRefNum cur_index = 0 ref1 = 0 ref2 = 0
>> Jack: JackEngine::ClientInternalClose ref = 0
>> Jack: JackEngine::ClientCloseAux ref = 0
>> Jack: JackGraphManager::RemoveAllPorts ref = 0
>> Released audio card Audio0
>> audio_reservation_finish
>> Jack: ~JackDriver
>> Cannot initialize driver
>> Jack: no message buffer overruns
>> Jack: JackPosixThread::Stop
>> Jack: JackPosixThread::ThreadHandler : exit
>> JackServer::Open failed with -1
>> Jack: Succeeded in unlocking 82280346 byte memory area
>> Jack: JackShmMem::delete size = 0 index = 0
>> Jack: ~JackDriver
>> Jack: Succeeded in unlocking 1187 byte memory area
>> Jack: JackShmMem::delete size = 0 index = 1
>> Jack: Cleaning up shared memory
>> Jack: Cleaning up files
>> Jack: Unregistering server `default'
>> Failed to open server
>> 20:59:31.602 JACK ha sido detenido
>> 20:59:33.455 No puede conectarse al servidor JACK como cliente. - La
>> operación global falló. - No puede conectarse al servidor. Por favor
>> revise la ventana de mensajes para mas información.
>> Cannot connect to server socket err = No existe el fichero o el
>> directorio
>> Cannot connect to server request channel
>> jack server is not running or cannot be started
>> JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1,
>> skipping unlock
>> JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1,
>> skipping unlock
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> [1] http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39116#p246951
>> [2] https://wiki.debian.org/ALSA#Loading_modules
>>

> I guess I should have added:
>
> $ aplay -l
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CX20590 Analog [CX20590 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 0/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

Maybe relevant:

This produces sound correctly:
$ aplay -vv -D sysdefault:CARD=PCH /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav

But this not, even as sudo (and the error is similar to JACK one):
$ aplay -vv -D front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav
aplay: main:830: audio open error: Device or resource bussy

This is the complete list:

$ aplay -L
default
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
surround21
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40
surround41
surround50
surround51
surround71
null
lavrate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Libav/FFmpeg Library
samplerate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Samplerate Library
speexrate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Speex Resampler
jack
    JACK Audio Connection Kit
oss
    Open Sound System
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
upmix
    Plugin for channel upmix (4,6,8)
vdownmix
    Plugin for channel downmix (stereo) with a simple spacialization
sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
    HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog
    Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
    Hardware device with all software conversions
usbstream:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH
    USB Stream Output