Re: Improving performance: RAM or CPU speed

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 10:21:42 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

> What Firefox version?  I used to see frequent Firefox crashes
> (apparently memory leaks: my system is always up) but that stopped a
> few years ago (though the irritation of that has been replaced by the
> irritation of being required to create a new profile every time I
> upgrade Firefox)

My firefox profile is never lost.

I copy my .mozilla directory and take that with me to another town.
On the PC there I replace my .mozilla directory and start firefox:

Result:
Everything is restored: history, bookmarks, settings, logins/passwords,
even the open tabs.

When I return to my town I take with me my new up to date .mozilla
directory.

Firefox is a very convenient browser nowadays.

I do not take my entire home directory with me, for some reasons.

PS. I believe you have to use the same version of firefox on both
machines for this to work.