Re: Difficulties setting up pam_ssh_agent_auth

On 08/04/20, john doe (johndoe65534@mail.com) wrote:
> On 4/8/2020 9:20 AM, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> > I'm having trouble setting up pam_ssh_agent_auth.so, which allows users
> > with authenticated public keys to sudo.

> Did the user in question is in the sudoers file?
>
> Try the following line in /etc/sudoers.d/ssh
> user ALL=(ALL) ALL

Thanks for the suggestion. I was under the impression that no sudoers
line was required, but I was wrong. The following configuration, for
example:

    IT      ALL=ALL

gives users in the IT User_Alias the ability to run any command as root,
but have to first authenticate. The authentication comes from
pam_ssh_agent_auth.

Thanks very much
Rory