Microcom; What's this Script Feature?

While working with Microcom, I tried the "help" feature while in
command mode and it works but there doesn't seem to be much other
information.  Here is a screen shot of a command I sent to a
serially-connected two-way radio followed by the Help screen for
microcom:  I put a * in front of the script command.

connected to /dev/ttyUSB4
Escape character: Ctrl-\
Type the escape character to get to the prompt.
VF 0162500000,0,0,0,0,0,0,00,00,000,00000000,0,0
Enter command. Try 'help' for a list of builtin commands
-> help
speed - set terminal speed
exit - exit from command processing
flow - set flow control
dtr - set dtr value
rts - set rts value
break - send break
quit - quit microcom
help - show help
* x - execute a script
log - log to file
# - comment
md - Display memory (i.MX specific)
mw - write memory (i.MX specific)
mwb - write memory byte (i.MX specific)
mwh - write memory 2 byte (i.MX specific)
upload - upload image (i.MX specific)
connect - sync communication to Processor (i.MX specific)
sniff - sniff and dissect communication from ATK (i.MX specific)
->

	Everything seems to work as far as I can tell but what
does a script look like?

	I am sure it's kind of like expect or the old kermit
scripts but I haven't yet been able to send anything it liked.

	The system I have been hacking on sends only carriage
returns in it's responses so what one gets on the screen is one
long line that gets over-written but that's no mystery.

	The unix convention of typing the Up-Arrow and starting
microcom is very handy since one does not have to type

microcom -f -p/dev/ttyUSB4 -s9600
each time.  Actually, I usually get away with !mic followed by
Enter and it starts.  Good work to everybody who created this
useful little terminal program.

Martin McCormick

WB5AGZ since Oct of 1969