Re: Publish open source software

On Sb, 04 apr 20, 03:09:54, sp007@caiway.net wrote:
> I see a lot of Free Software development migrating to
> > Gitlab:
> >
> > https://about.gitlab.com/
> >
> > It is also a product that can be self hosted as some projects are
> > doing.
> >
> free for 30 days - This is something I don't like
> Get free trial - This I also don't like

They are providing free hosting for Open Source and Education:
https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2018/06/05/gitlab-ultimate-and-gold-free-for-education-and-open-source/

> When I have to pay to contribute to the community...
> I rather host it myself (as I do now)

If your project is (loosely) related to Debian you could also host it on
Salsa (Debian's Gitlab instance at salsa.debian.org). Probably not
recommended for big-ish projects as it's a little bit resource
constrained.

Depending on the size of the project and expected contributors something
like Gitlab might be overkill. You could get away with plain git if you
can make it accessible for others to clone from.

Kind regards,
Andrei