Re: suspend when laptoplid is closed

On 3/29/20 12:33 PM, err404@free.fr wrote:

WHY THE DEFAULT IS SUSPEND WHEN LAPTOP LID IS CLOSED??? WHY???

systemd is for booting and managing services, not for managing power directly

yes, I know I have to change a line in /etc/systemd/logind.conf

but I also use mate desktop, and mate desktop have also the same default action, and mate desktop did not refere to systemd.

I WANT COHERENT ACTION FOR MANAGING POWER.
I WANT COHERENT ACTION FOR MANAGING POWER.
I WANT COHERENT ACTION FOR MANAGING POWER.
I WANT COHERENT ACTION FOR MANAGING POWER.

I AM TIRED OF SYSTEMD.
I AM TIRED TO HAVE EDIT MULTIPLES FILES BECAUSE WE HAVE AUTISTIC PROGRAMMERS.

PLEASE EXPLAIN WITH REALS ARGUMENTS WHY SYSTEMD IS TOUCHING MY POWER. (or why mate desktop did not read /etc/systemd/logind.conf)

SO, IT IS A PROBLEM WITH SYSTEMD OR WITH MATE DESKTOP.

It is not a "problem" with either

it is the default setting with the Mate screensaver. Just change it.

best wishes