Unsolvable dependency problems around libc / libcrypt on debian testing/bullseye

Dear all,

I have a debian bullseye/testing machine on a 2017 HP i7 machine that
I used daily for many months but was not running since end of November
2019. I upgraded everything with apt update + dist-upgrade +
autoremove + clean this week.
I can't exactly say how but while everything appeared fine initially I
now struggle with having a partially working system. Something with a
very fundamental library seems to have created a unsolvable dependency
situation and I can't get out of it. I think it started with libcrypt1
that was dependency but could not be found.

My question is foremost if I can get out of it myself and how or if it
is due to some package  currently not available (in Incoming as one
error message suggests) and I just have to wait? Maybe my sources list
does not make sense?

apt list --upgradable

Listing... Done
firefox/unstable 74.0-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 69.0.1-1]
libc-bin/testing 2.30-2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.29-2]
libc6/testing 2.30-2 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.29-2]
libc6/testing 2.30-2 i386 [upgradable from: 2.29-2]
libruby2.5/testing,unstable 2.5.7-1+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.5.7-1]
login/testing,unstable 1:4.8.1-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:4.7-2]
passwd/testing,unstable 1:4.8.1-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1:4.7-2]
whois/testing,unstable 5.5.6 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.5.2]

When I do: sudo apt install whois

 whois : Depends: libcrypt1 (>= 1:4.1.0) but it is not installable

sudo apt install locales libc-bin

or been moved out of Incoming.

 libc-bin : Depends: libc6 (> 2.30) but 2.29-2 is to be installed

sudo apt install libc6 libcrypt1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libcrypt1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libcrypt1:i386

This is my apt sources list:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

By trying to remove and reinstall I ended up losing some important
packages, so I made it worse already. The general advice to
clean/dist-upgrade/install -f does not get me any further.

Any advice appreciated!
Best regards,
Marty.