Re: HTML mail + PDF attachments

On Vi, 27 mar 20, 14:40:21, Reco wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:51:46AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > Nice one, added. Wondering why it's not the default though...
>
> A small correction. It's "set rfc2047_parameters=true".

    set rfc2047_parameters

is already sufficient (because it's boolean).

> Why it's not the default? Usually all attachments have names that's
> encoded in 7-bit (ascii), so that tunable is not needed.
> Unless, of course, e-mail was composed by insane MUA,

As far as I can tell in this case the only practical benefit of not
having it on by default would be to spot buggy MUAs. Other than that it
would be just correctness for correctness sake.

> or an attachment was named using non-Latin characters.

Is that non-Latin or non-ASCII? The former would imply about half of the
world's population, the latter something like two thirds or more (just
guessing, didn't check numbers).

(attaching a zero length file with the name using some special Romanian
characters to this mail)

Kind regards,
Andrei