Re: Night light, sunset and sunrise times in Gnome

On 2020-03-24, Anil Felipe Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> hello,
> I am running Gnome in Debian Buster, which comes with the Night Light
> feature. I have set up night light in the Sunset/Sunrise setting. I
> have also correcly set my timezone (location?). My issue is, sunset is

You might check if

 /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/color/night-light-last-coordinates

are accurate (latitude/longitude).

After reading for some minutes I remain uncertain whether it is
necessary to toggle on Location Services in Gnome's Privacy Settings for
the feature to work correctly.

--
"When we encounter computer output that looks like what we produce by thinking,
we are liable to credit the computer with thought... By that rule of inference,