Re: Buster without systemd?

On Ma, 24 mar 20, 10:23:59, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 08:30:03 -0500
> Dave Sherohman <dave@sherohman.org> wrote:
>
> > I expect that there would be much, much less resistance to systemd if
> > that were all that it does.  However, it has evolved to take over a
> > number of other functions aside from managing the order that services
> > are started, which makes many people uncomfortable with it.
>
> It is positively Balmeresque in its insistence on metastasizing all over
> your computer, and in its insistence on being the One True Solution to
> whatever your problem may be.

It seems to me like you are comparing a FLOSS project with a company
that used its dominant market position to squash competition and a
terminal disease.

This would be very insulting to those FLOSS developers, as well as all
developers of other FLOSS projects that *chose* to depend on systemd (or
parts of it), so I must surely be misunderstanding something.

Kind regards,
Andrei