Re: Buster without systemd?

Kamil Jońca wrote:

>>> Forget it. Show me how call script in reaction to DHPC events: BOUND
>>> RENEW REBIND TIMEOUT
>>>

>> what for?
>
> To convince me that systemd has enough functionality.

I don't have to do anything.

>>> Show me.
>>
>> why? You even didn't say "please"!
>
> To show, that you know what are you saying.

you didn't say "please" again.

I am not your father or teacher or whatever. Do your homework by yourself.

Again: you do not describe your use case. Just demanding that it works the
way you think it should work. I bet you are not the smartest on the planet
Earth. It is up to you what and how you do things.
For myself I have found the perfect combination - no systemd on the servers
and since end of last year I migrated notebook and desktop to systemd.
Recently I also started migrating to UEFI, but it is another topic.

What matters is doing a good research, a good plan and executing the plan.
People (like you) usually don't bother to invest time in this planning
phase. Well ... it's not my business.
The point here was that you do not have to blame something if you do not
like or understand it. The time blaming systemd is over. I've not heard
recently of major issues caused by systemd. IMO it is already in the stable
phase ... but well you can't be sure, so do backups and tests.

regards