Re: Boot process hangs at, it seems, network initialisation

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:57:47 +0000
Daniel Harris <mail.dharris@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

>I would probably try a minimal debian stable (providing it works on your
>new hardware) install and if that works then do a dist upgrade to
>testing.

I'll keep it in mind, but a previous attempt at installing stable
wouldn't give a graphical login  - I found that my nVidia gfx card isn't
supported by stable's nvidia drivers.  To be fair, I didn't see any
network issues, but that might have been because I got dropped to a tty
before the boot process got that far.   I didn't test for networking
issues on the stable set up - I didn't get that far.

Thank you.  I'll hold off for a while yet.

--
 Regards  _
You suck my blood like a leech