Re: non function firefox

On Tuesday 17 March 2020 18:01:53 Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 17/03/2020 12:19, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> Hi Gene
>
> > On Tuesday 17 March 2020 08:03:08 Marco Möller wrote:
> >>  > The -p option wiped out my history replacing it with links to fb
> >>  > etc,
> >>
> >> Are you sure that it didn't simply create a new profile, and what
> >> you now see is this new, fresh, empty, profile? The new profile is
> >> supposed to be empty, this is why you created it.
> >>
> >> Most likely the newly created profile became set as the default
> >> profile and therefore now this new profile is what you now see.
> >>
> >> The old profile should still be present and untouched. Type into
> >> the address bar the following, but don't mess things up with the
> >> functions there (here you could actually destroy your old
> >> profile!), simply read what will be shown on the screen:
> >>
> >> about:profiles
> >
> > just one. The new one.
>
> have you been using Firefox's Sync service (it's in Prefs)?
>
> that will restore all your p/w bookmarks etc etc.

No experience with it, I just tried to join yesterday. Very insistent on
a cell phone # and just quits if you don't give it one.  But only 1
cellphone, a trackfone I keep alive for calling for help if my pickup
strands me someplace, registered to the missus. As fones go, I don't
worry about the spelling as it doesn't deserve that much respect. POS is
worth a lot less than the 100 a year to keep it working

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis