Re: non function firefox

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Thats likely a fair assessment. But nobody on the tde list is
> complaining.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I use firefox as primary browser in TDE, however the esr version was causing
problems. I unpack the downloaded tarball in /opt/custom and set a link
in /usr/bin/.
ATM it is 63.0.1 (64-bit). Works so well that I do not want to upgrade.
When I have to upgrade though I only change the link to the newly unpacked
version and can easily rollback.

using this flow for many many years now works like a charm.

TDE is rock solid - God bless the community BTW!

I stuck to this after the big disappointment by KDE4 and KDE5. Gnome and all
the clones also. It's being pissing me off long time ago. You start doing
something and it doesn't work as before or at all or you have to tune this
here, tune this there, open bug etc. etc.
I need a desktop to start, finish my job and shut down. Well, TDE turns to
be that desktop. Zero issues - except the self imposed!
Could be that Gene is self imposing some as well, but we know this
already :)

regards