Re: non function firefox

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:27:47AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since Gene's problem is a matter of real life, i mention that i solved
> my problems with german tax declaration (*) by installing Ubuntu in a
> virtual machine.
>
> Before installing some non-Debian, one could try whether the browser of
> the newest Debian Live can do the trick.

> (*) The online tax portal (named "Elster" = magpie) is officially kept
> running on Ubuntu's default browser. For what ever reason their web
> programmers deem it necessary to reject older browsers.
> I decided to strictly follow the instructions of Elster, because it was
> important to have a good excuse in case of failure.

Works fine for me with Debian Buster default firefox.

I just went to the length of creating a separate user for only
this purpose, since I distrust a browser with all things javascript
enabled, I distrust even more Web "programmers" rolling everything
and the Github into their javascript mudballs and I totally distrust
the tax agency, part of a state actively pushing for surveillance
malware.

Some day I'll have that run in a dedicated box, let's see.

Cheers
-- t