Re: Debian 10.3 text installer; guided partitioning does not work; manual partitioning doesn't make USB bootable

Thanks Andrei. The firmware image (thanks Debian team!) did in fact
have my wi-fi driver, saving a step. There is still one issue, and one
point of feedback.

The issue is that despite not needing the second USB, the partitioner
still complains that the free space is too small and I cannot use
guided partitioning. This despite the fact I'm ready to wipe the
target USB. I switched to the Busybox console (Ctrl+Alt+F2) and
checked that the target USB was not mounted. Frustrating.

My computer clearly can boot from both MBR (Windows partition is type
07h partition) and EFI partitions (the Debian ISO has partition type
EFh). How I got the target media to boot was to answer "yes" when the
installer asked whether I wanted to force EFI install. My target drive
is still the USB, not my built-in hard drives which I wanted left
alone. As long as I knew how to manually partition (ext4, swap, then
EFI system partition), this created a bootable system.

But guided partitioning for this scenario seems broken.

Alan