Re: ASUSTek Computer, Inc. USB-N13 802.11n Network Adapter (rev. B1) [Realtek RTL8192CU]

On 2020-02-28 at 15:58, Charles Curley wrote:

> I have an ASUSTek Computer, Inc. USB-N13 802.11n Network Adapter
> (rev. B1) [Realtek RTL8192CU], which I would like to use with hostapd
> on Debian 10.3 as updated. I have installed firmware-realtek version
> 20190114-2. The adapter shows up in lsusb, and I believe the
> firmware blob is loading.

This sounds very much like a USB wireless network adapter dongle model
which we've been using at my (Windows-based) workplace for several years
now. We actually have two of them, which take different drivers, but
both are labeled as N13.

I've been completely unable to get it to be recognized under our
Linux-based live-boot imaging environment, or in my relatively brief
experiments with a full-Debian Linux system (although that was at least
two Debian releases ago). I no longer remember the reasons why not.

I hope others have better suggestions for you, because if so I might be
able to take advantage of them myself, but I suspect that you may be
just plain out of luck with this model.

--
   The Wanderer