Re: Problem using reportbug for *FIRST* time

On 02/27/2020 08:51 AM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 07:30:31AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
When I attempted to send the bug the response was:

<I was greylisted>

For how long would it have been reasonable to continue retrying?

You don't retry on a greylist. You wait 20-30-40 minutes and try again.
For buxtehude.debian.org it's closer to 40 minutes.

How do I resend it now (I've never knowingly used SMPT)?

Usually your MTA takes care of those details, but here a reportbug tried
a direct connection to buxtehude.debian.org ...
I don't know, honestly. Try it again in 40 minutes, I guess.

Can I send it by e-mail using SeaMonkey?

Yep. I usually use reportbug to generate an e-mail only, and send it by
more conventional means.

If so, how do I handle the "X-Debbugs-Cc:" line?

If your MUA allows to specify it - keep it as it is.
If it does not - just drop it.

It's an e-mail body that matters to bugs.d.o anyway.

Reco

Done. Waiting for confirmation. Thank you.