Re: multilingual setup ...

On 2020-02-26, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 01:34:13PM +0100, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>>  I have searched for a solution to a problem which apparently many
>> people have, but all I find are problems while tryng to do it. I think
>> there should be a straight forward way to do that:

>>  Most of us are multilingual. I want to set up different users with
>> different languages as default and then when I su into a shell as a
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> particular user and start, say, libreofice, firefox and Eclipse as a
>> certain user that would automatically change all Settings

>>  How do you do this?
>
> In this case, by setting the appropriate LANG (and/or LC_*, for
> finer-grained control) variables in whatever shell init code of
> said users (~/.profile, ~/.login -- if it's a login shell, but
> if you "su" it's probably not), younameit).

I suppose for libreoffice and Firefox you would need to install the
appropriate language packages at least as well

 libreoffice-l10n-ast - office productivity suite -- Asturian language package
 firefox-esr-l10n-ast - Asturian language package for Firefox ESR
 (eclipse?)

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud