Re: Unable to use Buster as an nfs client

	Hi.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 12:53:38PM +0000, Mark Raynsford wrote:
> I've rebooted the VM several times, so it's definitely not a case of
> running the wrong kernel.
>
> # uname -a
> Linux bloodorange.int.arc7.info 4.9.0-9-amd64

And yet it is a case of running a wrong kernel.
You see, buster's kernel currently has version 4.19.0-8, but yours
(4.9.0-9) looks like an outdated stretch one.
And you do have a kernel 4.9, but you don't have the modules for it.
You do have a kernel 4.19 (with the modules), but you do not boot it.

> Is there some special magic I need to do to get the right kernel
> modules?

I'd start by fixing a bootloader (GRUB, most probably), because whatever
it boots it's not the kernel that Debian gives you in a buster.

Reco