Re: Modern automounters and umount

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Does anybody here experience similar stubbornness of automounting ?
> If so: How to unmount a DVD without ejecting it ?

  not having done much with DVDs recently i can't say much
about them.  i can say that i really hate having something
automounted even when i tell the system to not do anything
with it.

  i've not had a chance to test the recent MATE update to
see if that is still an issue or not, but it sure did get
my peeve up.

  my camera was being captured by gio or some other part of
the desktop and i had ticked all the boxes and options to
tell the desktop that i didn't want it touched at all when
i plugged it in.

  in my script i have to do some fiddling around to make
sure the device is unmounted and then remounted where i want
it (and that it is actually available).  i did get the
script working and that is where it has to sit for now.  :)

  check to see if some desktop or other system widget has got
ahold of it (udev, gio, gvfs, udisk2 and no, i don't know all
other possible names or details about things that might be
doing this sort of interference).

  good luck!

  songbird