Re: *nix

On 2/16/20 4:30 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:03:05 -0800
Charlie Gibbs <cgibbs@surfnaked.ca> wrote:

  > With touchscreen technology becoming the standard even for laptops
  > and desktop monitors the demand for keyboard oriented interaction
  > decreases so the developers must create interfaces that are better
  > suited for tap / swipe.

Fine.  But the keyboard should still be an option.  All I'm asking
is that I be allowed to choose.  I'm not insisting that everyone
use a keyboard, and likewise people should not insist that I
_not_ use a keyboard.

Feel free to contribute code.

Finally some common sense. I HATE touchscreen "technology" as they like to call it. I want to use my keyboard and my trackball, and I do not even try to communicate by touch-screen phone. A phone is a voice communications device, as far as I'm concerned. Good for calling 911 if you have to. I hope I never have to do so again. (I fell off the stoop after tripping over my dog's tether in the dark on the 4th of July, 1915, and spent most of the summer in various stages of recovery.)
Maybe some day I'll figure out how to dial a number on the phone.

--doug