Re: LVM Boot fail

	Hi.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:57:36PM -0700, Tom Dial wrote:
> Neither the host nor the guest VM is rebooted often, and it is not a
> particularly serious problem now that it's known, but it would be better
> gone. I'm not averse to doing work to sort this out, but would be
> grateful for pointers to relevant documentation or other information, or
> suggestions for fixing it. and wouldn't object to information about
> fixing it, if anyone has encountered it previously.

What a typical Debian initramfs does with LVM is defined at
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-block/lvm2, and specifically
it's:

lvm lvchange -aay -y --sysinit --ignoreskippedcluster "$@"

Note the '-aay' part here, it refers to auto_activation_volume_list in
lvm.conf.
What it should do is to activate all and every LV you have if
auto_activation_volume_list is not defined, and restrict LV activation
to the list contents otherwise.

So, first things first, check your lvm.conf.

Second, you can cheat. Just add yet another initramfs script to call
"lvchange -ay".

Reco