Re: Mac El Capitan Dual Boot

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:19 PM Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 12:03:20 -0500
Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am helping a friend install Debian on an older MacBook, running OS X
> 10.11 (El Capitan).

How old? The current version of Mac OS is Catalina, 10.15.3. This on a
Macbook Air made in mid-2012. (<Apple logo> -> About this Mac)

I have not eyeballed this machine.  He told me that it had Mountain Lion on it when he got it and was upgraded to El Capitan.  Suffice it to say that it's old enough to have a Spinning Hard Drive and DVD Drive on it.  I told him to investigate a Catalina Upgrade.

Anyway, consider this "situation" closed, because a Followup Question by me was about what other Hardware he has?  He responded that he has an old Dell in a Closet with XP on it.  We agreed that we leave alone the Mac, and make the Dell a "pure Debian Laptop".

Thank you and best regards,

Kenneth Parker