Re: Install OpenSMTPD from source or use the Debian packages?

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 14:29 Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 02:26:26PM -0600, Tom Browder wrote:
> Tixy, thanks. I did check the latest Deb 10 version but not the change log.
> I was fooled by the Debian version number which looks like the BSD number
> which I guess never changes.

https://www.debian.org/security/faq#version

Greg, thanks for the link.

I am very grateful for all the helpful replies.

And I am very glad to have learned some new things, including more reinforcement for my having chosen Debian as my go-to distro  since Debian 4: a gift that keeps on giving!

Debian users are a nice (and talented) bunch of people.

Cheers!

-Tom